No.7: Sautéd Kale & Oyster Mushroom
Some times… meaty mushroom and some green would do. And it’s tasty.
You can find Oyster Mushrooms at the Asian market or gourmet market.
You can substitute it with Maitake Mushroom or Portobello Mushroom. I prefer cooking this recipe with mushroom with a lot of tongue.
Sautéd Kale & Oyster Mushroom
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4lb oyster mushroom, sliced in edible size
- 2 cups chopped kale, large stem removed
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- sea salt (optional) & white pepper to taste
Heat the saute pan with olive oil, butter, and garlic over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium when the butter melted completely. Place mushroom and saute for 2 minutes, then add kale; saute another minute. Add wine and stir, then cover the pan with the lid for 2-3 minutes. Add soy sauce, salt (optional), and white pepper to taste. Serve warm.
You can serve this dish as a main course or as a side dish with a roasted chicken. I haven't tried yet, but you can probably mix with pasta or rice.